Pastor Appreciation Day
Our Young Adults group meets every Monday at 6:30pm. See Kelcey and Ryan Bumbalough for more details!
First Time Attenders
If you are a first time attender, please go to one the connection tents on your way out. Turn in your connection card and receive a free gift from us!
The Calling – Is God Calling Me?
October 18, 2020
Ephesians 4:1 NLT Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.
- Calling is about ___ you are before ____ you do.
2 Timothy 1:9 NIV He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.
- Calling isn’t about _________ _________ you do in the future, it’s about your ____________ to ______
Colossians 3:17 NIV And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Mark 11:1 NLT As Jesus and his disciples approached Jerusalem, they came to the towns of Bethphage and Bethany on the Mount of Olives. Jesus sent two of them on ahead.
Mark 11:2-3 NLT “Go into that village over there,” he told them. “As soon as you enter it, you will see a young donkey tied there that no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 3 If anyone asks, ‘What are you doing?’ just say, ‘The Lord needs it and will return it soon.’”
- The ____ of your __________ never determines the ____________ of your ______.
John 6:9 NIV “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”
If we are faithful to Christ, we don’t have to find our calling.
Our calling will find us.
- Calling is about who you are before what you do.
- Calling isn’t about something important you do in the future, it’s about your faithfulness to Christ
- The size of your assignment never determines the significance of your impact.